Sunday, December 21, 2008

As we approach the beautiful feast of Christmas...

Bernadino Luini's The Nativity, 16th-century

...I am surprised at how quickly it is arriving this year!

Last year 100 Years in America was a much busier place during this season. I wrote articles on:
This year I have found myself with less free time and therefore less chance to expand on the Advent and Christmas seasons here in the blogosphere. As Christmas Day approaches, many of you may be finishing up last-minute shopping, decorating, baking, sending out cards, etc. as I am.

I hope that the season of Advent has been a peaceful time for you, no matter how busy you've been. As Christmas approaches, I hope you'll take some time to read about the traditional Hungarian and Croatian traditions during this magical season and possibly be inspired to add some of them to your celebrations.

I just recently discovered an article posted online on the Croatian World Network website entitled Croatian Christmas Traditions by James Monti. The article was published in the Advent 2006 edition of the Catholic devotional magazine Magnificat. The focus is on the faith traditions of the Croatian people of Bosnia-Herzegovina. As Monti states in his article, "The strong sense of family characterizing Croatian Christmas customs serves as a reminder of the joy of the Holy Family at the birth of Christ and the future joy of heaven."

I hope you'll enjoy a joyful holiday celebration with your family and friends this year, no matter how you celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. I kept looking for your postings lately, but now I'm glad you got here. Would like to wish you and your Family a wonderful blessed Christmas, and a happy, peaceful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words, Jutka. This season has flown for me this year. I had hoped to write more this month.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to reading more from you in the new year!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

For more from Lisa, visit Smallestleaf.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails