Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shades of wonderful

Though I'm busy taking care of my new baby, I couldn't resist taking the time to share the news about footnoteMaven's new baby: Shades of the Departed - The Magazine.

If you are a fan of her Shades of the Departed or footnoteMaven blogs, or are unaware of those but interested in old photographs and/or the past in general, take the time to visit her new online magazine. As she states in the introduction, she and her fellow writers have "combined the fascination of old images with new technology". She's taken the look of a printed magazine about vintage photography (and topics related to using those images today), and has made it all readable entrirely online.

Voila!

A beautiful collaboration by footnoteMaven and some of my other favorite writers, Shades magazine is a masterfully designed work that is a great place to spend some time. It is a treasure trove of good ideas and information - I greatly look forward to digging into reading more of it and also to seeing what's in store in future editions.

Congratulations to footnoteMaven and friends on the beginning of a marvelous new work!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by your blog and wanted to give you the "Kreativ Blogger" award. Please visit my blog for more information and to pick it up. Congratulations!

    http://banjosandbabydolls.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Julie beat me to it. I love your blog and wanted to give you the beautiful new Kreativ Blogger Award, as well. You do a great job. You can pick up the award at my blog, Tennessee Memories.

    ReplyDelete

For more from Lisa, visit Smallestleaf.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails