Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Here's to Hrvatski! Google Translate now does Croatian

Good news for people like me struggling to read materials in the language of their ancestors:

Google Translate has just added ten new languages to their "repertoire", including Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian and Swedish.

Croatian is the one that I am personally most excited about. I keep finding good resources in Croatian, but translating them word for word is slow going for me at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I can read the Google Translate English versions of some of my selected Hrvatski reading material.

You might also notice that I have added the Google Translate widget to the sidebar of 100 Years in America for those you interested in keeping up with this blog in another language. Happy reading, no matter what language you choose!

Thanks to Ivan Curkovic at Curkovic.ca for spreading the good news about Google Translate's additions.

3 comments:

  1. Lucy you! And lucky me too Lisa! I see Polish in the list... yeah! Thanks for the info :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the good news!

    I had planned to personally pass the word around to my Polish-language-loving friends like you, but you found my post first. I trust you'll spread the word.

    Happy translating...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another great Croatian (among other languages) website you might want to check out:

    Hrvatski wiki browser

    ReplyDelete

For more from Lisa, visit Smallestleaf.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails